WELCOME TO MOUNTAIN VIEW LIBRARY!
(Students come to the library once every 6 days for a 40 minute class period.)
EXPECTATIONS DURING ALL ENCORE CLASSES:
- Follow all school and classroom rules during Encore times
- Abide by Mrs. Pellis’ rules:
- Try my best
- Follow the rules
- Be nice to others
- Encore Class Behavior Log - a way to keep parents informed of any behavioral issues taking place during encore time.
- Be respectful, responsible, & cooperative.
- Enter and exit quietly.
- Follow directions the first time they are given.
- Raise your hand to speak.
- Return books on time
- Books are due on the students’ designated library day in the 6-day rotation
- If a student forgets his/her book(s), he/she cannot check out another one until all others are returned.
- If a student receives an overdue notice, it’s just a reminder that the books need to be returned.
- If a book becomes lost or is damaged beyond repair, a letter will be sent home with the cost for replacement.
CONSEQUENCES FOR NOT FOLLOWING EXPECTATIONS/RULES:
- First time: Verbal warning
- Second time: Encore Class Behavior Log filled out by student and kept in file; Recess time taken away
- Third time: Another Encore Class Behavior Log filled out and sent home along with previous log; Parents need to sign and return
- Other (as needed) – Call home, visit to Mrs. Pellis’
office, Disciplinary Referral Form